The candidates for Arizona attorney general will meet for a debate Wednesday evening, with the event streamed on azcentral.com and broadcast on Arizona PBS, Channel 8.
The half-hour debate will air at 5 pm and is sponsored by the Arizona Clean Elections Commission. It will feature Republican candidate Abe Hamadeh and Democratic candidate Kris Mayes. Moderators of the debate are Ted Simons of “Arizona Horizon” on Arizona PBS and Arizona Republic political reporter Stacey Barchenger.
The attorney general is the state’s top prosecutor. The office represents most state entities in legal disputes, enforces civil rights laws and leads Arizona’s efforts on consumer protection.
Election guide: November 2022
City races | school boards | state | Governor
| Ballot measures | Federal races | How to vote
Hamadeha former prosecutor in the Maricopa County’s Attorney’s Office and an Army intelligence officer, is endorsed by Trump and denies that Joe Biden won the presidential election in 2020. This is his first political campaign.
attorney-general-primary-2022-candidate/9986404002/” data-ylk=”slk:Mayes” class=”link “>Mayes, a former member of the Arizona Corporation Commission, was previously a moderate Republican. She is on the faculty at Arizona State University and works as a senior scientist at the Global School of Sustainability and teaches a course on energy law at the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law.
This article originally appeared on Arizona Republic: Watch: Abe Hamadeh and Kris Mayes in Arizona attorney general debate
- Attorney says body camera video shows Black motorist shot over 60 times
- Biden Was Set to Tap Anti-Abortion Lawyer As a Judge on Day of Roe Ruling: Report
- Akron police shot Jayland Walker at least 60 times: Attorney describes body-camera footage
- Attorney: Officer shot man 5 times, paused, shot him again
- Murder Conviction For Attorney Accused Of Shooting His Wife To Death Overturned In Georgia